Mentoring for the future
Mentoring is a hugely beneficial experience for a mentee, but many are surprised by just how rewarding being a mentor can be.
In this webinar, you will hear from ITI members with experience of running or setting up mentoring schemes within ITI Networks and get tips from two ITI Mentor of the Year Award winners.
Find out (among other things):
- The benefits of being a mentor
- How to set up a scheme so that that it works effectively, and different models you can use
- The expectations of mentees and how to manage them
- The importance of constructive feedback
- What makes a good mentor and a good mentee
- How to avoid mentor-mentee mismatches
This webinar is aimed at translators and interpreters who would like to find out more about becoming a mentor, ITI Networks that are considering establishing mentoring schemes, or anyone who wants to understand more about mentoring from both a mentor's or mentee’s perspective.
Mentoring can help to change a career and is a rewarding way of ‘giving back’ to the profession. We hope this webinar will encourage more members to become involved, contributing to existing programmes and setting up new ones.
ITI members: Free