Move your freelance career to the next level
If you have been freelancing for a while, what can you do to progress your career, find new clients and become more successful?
The Advancing your Freelance Translation Career online course is aimed at translators who have reached this point and now want to focus on finding premium work with high-quality agencies and direct clients.
You will learn:
- How to identify your strengths and differences to give you a competitive advantage
- Ways to define and approach your ideal clients to win new business
- How to fine tune your sales techniques so you gain more of the work you want
- New ways to build and maintain customer relationships so you’re working smarter, not harder
Having learnt the theory from the experts, you will then go on to test your ability in a live situation, with the opportunity to pitch to a client.
"I took the ITI AFT course hoping to learn how to boost my business. I certainly came to the right place! Overall, the course equips you with all the right tools to grow your business. Highly recommended!"
Learn from leading practitioners
The four course tutors are all leaders in their field so they understand the market you operate in. Each tutor will:
- Introduce and explain their topic and answer your questions
- Set an assignment which they will review individually
- Provide one-to-one feedback on your assignment during the discussion session
Networking and support
In addition to feedback from tutors, you will also benefit from peer-to-peer learning from the other students on the course and become part of the supportive community of current and past AFT students.
Highlighting your difference
- How to think of yourself as a customer
- Defining your services
- Contributing value and solving customers' problems
- Thinking of yourself as an entrepreneur
- Your strengths and weaknesses
- Finding your competitive advantage
Tutor: Judy Jenner
Finding and working with your ideal clients
Learn how to:
- Analyse your current client base
- Define your ideal client and creating a customer avatar
- Find your ideal clients
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship
- Use your current client base for referrals and recommendations
- Create a customer database with valuable information
- Follow up regularly, asking for feedback, and grow your business
Tutor: Tess Whitty
Using sales to win the customer you want
Learn how to:
- Ask and answer the right questions
- Adopt sales techniques that work for you
- Win the type of clients and work you want
- Win more work from existing clients
- Create an international online presence
Tutor: Doug Laurence
Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Busting myths about business networking
- What networking is and is not
- Basic networking tools
- Networking events
- A system for managing your contacts
- Nurturing relationships with current clients
Tutor: Sara Freitas
How do I apply?
We don’t have an AFT course scheduled at the moment.
If you would like to register your interest for the next course, please email [email protected] and Ann Brooks, our Professional Development Officer, will get in touch as soon as details are confirmed.
The cost of the course is £299 for ITI members and £399 for non-members.