Call for papers
The ITI Conference is the biggest event in the UK translation and interpreting calendar. With four tracks, including a dedicated interpreting track, keynotes, special guests, a gala dinner and social events over two days, it attracts delegates from all corners of the UK, Europe and beyond.
In 2022 the ITI Conference will be in Brighton for the first time, on the English south coast and in the stunning setting of the Grand Hotel, right on the waterfront. For those unable to attend in person, content will also be available online.
The conference theme 'Embracing change, emerging stronger' focusses on the way in which the translation and interpreting profession has changed in an unprecedented way over the past two years. We will be exploring how we can rise to these challenges and embrace the changes they bring with them, enabling us all to emerge stronger into the future.
We want to hear from you
Whether you work in translation, interpreting or any other field, we want to hear from you if you have a relevant topic you would like to present on.
Topics of interest for presentations include, but are not limited to:
We would be particularly interested to hear from those working as public service or community interpreters.
Proposals for the ITI Conference 2022 will be evaluated through a competitive peer-review process. Those presenters selected will be rewarded with increased professional recognition and free entry to the conference.
- Abstracts are being invited for 50-minute presentations (including Q&As) only. Proposals for workshops, masterclasses and shorter presentations will not be considered.
- The number of slots for joint presentations is limited. You can maximize your chances of being selected by also submitting a proposal for a solo presentation.
- We can only accept a maximum of two proposals per speaker.
- Selected speakers are required to sign a speaker agreement.
- Proposals sent without using the submission form will not be considered.
If you have any questions, or would like to consult about an idea before submitting it, please contact us on [email protected].
Complete the online submission form and ensure we receive it by 30 September 2020.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.