Language Services membership
If you work in a translation agency as a project manager/co-ordinator, resource manager, account manager or similar role this is the category for you. If you are a translator or interpreter we would recommend you apply as an Affiliate member.
ITI membership provides the opportunity to network with other professionals across the industry and to increase co-operation between all those involved in the provision of language services, as well as to share best practice.
Benefits of Language Services membership:
- Demonstrates your professionalism and recognises your commitment to upholding the highest professional standards
- Provides a valuable opportunity to network with and learn from others working in similar roles in the sector, and from those working as freelance translators and interpreters
- Provides access to industry experts through member-only content and webinars
- You will be part of a supportive and professional community, promoting a rapidly evolving industry
As a Language Services member, you will:
- Receive a free subscription to our award-winning journal, ITI Bulletin, published six times a year
- Have access to My ITI for member-only content such as our series of free, informative webinars and ITI’s CPD logging tool
- Be invited to join our twice-yearly panel session with a series of industry experts, to discuss topics relevant to LSPs and those working within them
- Receive free monthly updates with the latest industry news and events
How do I apply?
You need to provide the contact details for a professional reference that we will follow up. The referee should be one of the following:
- A current or previous employer (but does not have to relate to translation, interpreting or the provision of language services)
- A course tutor (if you have recently completed your studies)
- A current qualified member of the Institute (from the MITI or FITI categories)
Referees must have known the applicant for at least one year.
An application fee of £60 is due when you submit your completed application.
The annual Language Services membership fee is £110.
It’s quick and easy to submit your application online. If you need further advice on becoming a Language Services member, please contact us.
Still have questions? Have a look at our FAQs.
"We are delighted to launch this new category for those working in the Language Services industry. It will provide a great opportunity for members to network with others working in similar roles, to discuss the key issues in the industry, and share best practice."