If you work in a translation agency as a project manager/co-ordinator, resource manager, account manager or similar role this is the category for you. If you are a translator or interpreter we recommend you apply as an Affiliate member.
ITI membership provides the opportunity to network with other professionals across the industry and to increase co-operation between all those involved in the provision of language services, as well as to share best practice.
Benefits of Project Manager membership:
- Demonstrates your professionalism and recognises your commitment to upholding the highest professional standards
- Provides a valuable opportunity to network with and learn from others working in similar roles in the sector, and from those working as freelance translators and interpreters
- Provides access to industry experts through member-only content and webinars
- You will be part of a supportive and professional community, promoting a rapidly evolving industry
|Student, Affiliate, Project Manager, Academic, Supporter||Associate (AITI)||Qualified MITI, Fellow FITI|
|Bulletin print version1|
|Continuous membership logo|
|Free monthly live webinars|
|Access to Webinar library||Limited access2||Full access||Full access|
|CPD log and Certificate|
|Exclusive member rates on Events and training|
|ITI Networks3 and mentoring schemes|
|Discounts on products and services
(e.g. IT, insurance, accountancy, training and publications)
|Monthly Update newsletter|
|Student and Affiliate Bursary scheme||
|AITI||MITI or FITI|
|Experian credit checks|
|ITI Directory listing|
|Certification seals||Translators only|
|ISO 17100 Qualified status||Translators only|
1 Not available to Students.
2 Access to webinar recording for 30 days after the live event and access to all recordings of webinars that took place more than 12 months ago.
3 Some ITI Networks charge additional membership fees and offer mentoring schemes. ITI Network T&Cs apply.
As a Project Manager member, you will:
- Be invited to join our monthly online networking session with other Project Manager members
- Receive a free subscription to our award-winning journal, ITI Bulletin, published six times a year
- Have access to My ITI for member-only content such as our series of free, informative webinars and ITI’s CPD logging tool
- Receive free monthly updates with the latest industry news and events
How do I apply?
You need to provide the contact details for a professional reference that we will follow up. The referee should be one of the following:
- A current or previous employer (but does not have to relate to translation, interpreting or the provision of language services)
- A course tutor (if you have recently completed your studies)
- A current qualified member of the Institute (from the MITI or FITI categories)
Referees must have known the applicant for at least one year.
An application fee of £60 is due when you submit your completed application.
The annual Project Manager membership fee is £117.
It’s quick and easy to submit your application online. If you need further advice on becoming a Project Manager member, please contact us.
Still have questions? Have a look at our FAQs.
"We are delighted to launch this new category for those working as Project Managers in our industry. It will provide a great opportunity for members to network with others working in similar roles, to discuss the key issues in the industry, and share best practice."
Meet our members