Starting Work as a Translator or Interpreter (SWATI)
Online training for when you're starting out
Listen to three separate online sessions on Saturday 22 May to discover what you need to do to take your first steps as a professional translator or interpreter and successfully launch your new career.
Session 1 | 8:45am - 11:00am
- Working as a Public Service interpreter with Zoé Diderich
- Working as an interpreter with Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart
- Working with Clear Voice Interpreting Services with Ilir Hoti
Session 2 | 12:00pm - 2:15pm
- Working as a translator: freelance, in-house, generalist or specialist work? With Kari Koonin
- Finance Tips for a Healthy Freelance Translation Business with Susie Jackson
- Standing out when starting out with Nicholas Nicou
- Breaking through the ‘no experience–no work’ barrier: pro bono work with Sarah Bowyer
Session 3 | 3:15pm - 5:45pm
- The Mysteries of Transcreation with Rik Grant
- Working with agencies with Surrey Translation Bureau, Jessica Truelsen
- Subtitling and dubbing with freelance subtitler Hanna Hagström
- Working (in-house and freelance) for Dora Wirth Languages with Marie Edwards
- Translation and interpreting at the world’s largest human rights organisation Belen Bueso Rios
You are able to register for 1, 2 or 3 sessions. ITI members can register for all 3 sessions for free. ITI non-members are charged £12 per session.
Booking a place you will also give you access to the recording as each session will be recorded and available for you to listen to afterwards if you are unable to attend the live session.