For contact details, click on a team member's picture.
ITI is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Its elected board is responsible for all strategic, financial and membership aspects of the Institute. The ITI Board is made up of Sara Crofts, Chief Executive and the following ITI members (click on their picture to read more about them):
ITI currently has the following committees:
- To act as an independent panel for any appeals lodged as part of the assessment process, based on the Institute's bylaws
Chair: Francoise Vignon
- To advance the effectiveness of the Board and ITI office through the provision of timely leadership, guidance and decision making
- The Chair and Vice Chairs Committee (CVCC) is responsible for working in support of, or in the case of an emergency in place of, the full board
Chair: ITI Board Chair
- To consider applications from Qualified Members (MITI) for Fellowship of the Institute and to advise the Board on such proposed appointments
Chair: Kirstin Heimerl-Moggan
- To act as the contact between the ITI Networks and the ITI Board, and to advise the Board on actions it should take under Bylaw 5
- Organisation of ITI Networks Coordinators' meetings
Coordinator: Agata McCrindle
- To oversee ITI membership applications based on the Institute's bylaws and quality standards
- To propose appropriate amendments to the bylaws and to create and update literature for applicants and their referees
Chair: Cate Avery
Download the Membership Committee Terms of reference.
- The purpose of the Nomination Committee is to ensure that a formal, robust and transparent process exists for the selection and nomination of potential Board directors and the appointment of Committee chairs.
Chair: Kerry Gilchrist MITI
To implement Article 5.5 of ITI’s Articles of Association: to advise the Board on maintaining, promoting and enforcing the Institute’s standards for professional conduct among its members.
Chair: Dr Joanna Waller FITI
Download the Professional Conduct Committee Terms of reference.
- To organise and provide training courses, workshops and other learning events that count towards members' CPD activities
- To provide information and useful resources about career development
Chair: Kari Koonin
The ITI Board set up a Board Sub-Committee called the ITI Board Remunerations Committee with three primary objectives:
- Set the company's remuneration policy
- Determine the Chief Executives total individual remuneration package
- Set the targets for any performance-related pay
The Chair, two Vice Chairs and Mark Robinson make up the committee membership.
ITI currently has the following working group:
- Support ITI staff to gather ITI member insights on their understanding and use of genAI and associated technologies (e.g. Pulse surveys, opening meetings, regular discussion forum)
- Define the meaning of genAI in relation to professional language services and create a glossary of terminology to support ITI members’ understanding
- Support ITI staff to curate and update the AI section of the ITI Knowledge Hub by identifying key sources of guidance and information which might benefit ITI members
- Develop a library of use case examples that demonstrate when AI tools might and might not be appropriate
- Engage with higher education providers to understand how T&I training is changing in response to the evolution of genAI and build a picture of the skills needed by future practitioners
- Suggest potential topics for genAI-related ITI training sessions that can be delivered through the proposed Learning Management System or webinars
- Provide advice to ITI staff on the potential to respond to Government policy consultations on genAI and language services-related topics
- Collaborate with research institutions working on the topic of genAI including participating in research and disseminating research findings
Chair: Iwan Davies FITI
Download the AI working group Terms of reference.