Mrs Lauren Shadi MITI
ITI Award Winner 2020, featured in the Guardian, specialising in legal, commercial and medical fields. Have worked in-house and freelance in public and private sector.
I have a Masters in Translation, a Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (law option), and a first-class honours degree in French Studies. I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and am approved by the French consulate for translation and interpreting.
In March 2012, I expanded from a sole trader to a Limited Company supporting commercial clients as well as continuing to work in legal, commercial and medical arenas.
Significant commercial projects have included:
- Translation of legal, commercial and technical documents enabling a high-profile organisation in the aviation sector to submit a tender. The organisation was subsequently awarded the contract.
– Translation and interpreting for a manufacturing client to support an offshoring exercise to a francophone country.
-Translation of all documents required in a crown court case.
-Translation of 22K-word report on breast cancer screening.
– Transcription work for Channel 4.
– Simultaneous interpreting at conference on impact of parental imprisonment on children.
– Interpreting during health & safety training for foreign employees in the power industry.
-Interpreting for 9 mental health stakeholders during a 3-day visit to the UK as part of a research project piloted by the World Health Organisation.
– Interpreting for film crew shooting a documentary on asteroids.
– Interpreting at sales and procurement events.
– Interpreting at TV shoots with high profile sports personalities.
For further details regarding my interpreting work, please read the following article published in December 2019 in the Guardian.
ITI Award Winner 2020
ITI membership category: MITI
- Education and training
- EU - Law justice and human rights
- Human rights
- Law - Civil
- Law - Commercial and company
- Law - Criminal
- Law - International
- Law - Motoring
- Law - Probate and family
- Law - Property
- Property and real estate
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Language training
- Machine translation - post editing
- Project management
- Remote interpreting
- Simultaneous interpreting
- Telephone interpreting
- Adobe Acrobat
- SDL Trados Studio