Language services

I got married abroad last year and need my marriage certificate to be translated. Can ITI help?

As a professional membership organisation, ITI does not provide translation or interpreting services. However, we offer a free search facility on our public ITI Directory which lists ITI Qualified Members who can provide these services for you.

Translations of official documents, such as marriage certificates, from Greek to English and/or English to Greek must be done by Qualified translators who are registered with the Greek Embassy. Please ensure that you visit the list of Greek Embassy translators on our website for a list of registered translators who can help you. Click here to see the information on Embassy translations.

I have a delegation of Japanese business associates visiting my UK company for two days next month and need someone to help with translation while they are here. Can ITI find me someone?

If you need someone to communicate verbally during meetings, etc., you will need an interpreter. ITI provides a free search facility to help you find the services you need. All of our interpreter members are listed in the ITI Directory. Make your selection criteria and click the search button, and this will show you the contact details of ITI Qualified Interpreter Members who can help you. You can then choose one or more from the list and contact them to discuss your requirements.

I can’t find a translator or interpreter with the language combination I need. What should I do?

You should contact one of ITI’s Language Service Providers who will be able to source you a suitable professional. You can find their details in the ITI Directory.

I have a marketing brochure that I want translated into five languages. Will one translator be able to do this?

We would recommend that you contact one of ITI's Language Service Providers in the ITI Directory who will be able to work with you to project manage this larger piece of work.

What is the difference between a certified and a legalised translation?

There are several different types of official translation and it can often be difficult to know what type you need. Visit our Official tranlsations page for more detailed information about the different types of official translations and where they are needed.

How can I check that a translator or interpreter is an ITI member?

You can check an individual or company is an ITI member and their level of membership by searching in Member check. Simply enter their name or part of their name and click search. If you still have queries about an individual’s status, then please email us at [email protected].

I’ve never used a translator or interpreter before. Where do I start?

Have a look at our Why use a professional? page which includes information, guidance and a video with lots of advice to help get you started and guide you through the process.