Raising the bar in legal translation
Reach new heights in your legal translation career with this online course.
Suitable for all legal translators this online short course will be of particular benefit for those at the start or mid-point in their careers.
Attendees will learn different ways of improving the quality of their work and come away with a clear idea of which aspects they need to develop.
The course will comprise 3 x 90 minute sessions and will cover:
- Defining quality in legal translation
- Key research skills and techniques
- Translation techniques
- Familiarity with text types
- Writing for different audiences
- Benefits of clear writing
- Focus on four different areas of translation:
- Property conveyancing
- Technology in legal translation
- Working with clients and colleagues
Each session will include presentations, practical activities and exercises to support points of learning as well as opportunities for discussions with fellow attendees.
ITI members: £80 + VAT
Non-members: £110 + VAT