Starting Work as a Translator or Interpreter
Online training for when you're starting out
Booking closes on the morning of 14 May 2022
Listen to three separate online sessions on Saturday 14 May to discover what you need to do to take your first steps as a professional translator or interpreter and successfully launch your new career.
Session 1 | 8:45am - 11:15am
- Working with The Language Shop, with Maimoona Saleh
- Working as a Public Service Interpreter, with Mariana Haladj-Asminian
- Working as an interpreter, with Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart
- Running an interpreting business with Cecilia Lipovsek
Session 2 | 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Working as a translator: freelance, in-house, generalist or specialist work?, with Fiona Grey
- Finance Tips for a Healthy Freelance Translation Business, with Susie Jackson
- Standing out when starting out, with Nicholas Nicou
- Breaking through the ‘no experience–no work’ barrier: pro bono work, with Sarah Bowyer
Session 3 | 3:15pm - 5:45pm
The Mysteries of Transcreation, with Rik Grant
Working at Surrey Translation Bureau, with Nicola Callow
Working as a subtitler, with Cécile Pasquet
Working at Lifeline Language Services, with Lynn Everson
You are able to register for 1, 2 or 3 sessions. ITI members can register for all 3 sessions for free. ITI non-members are charged £12 per session.
Starting Work as a Translator or Interpreter is run in association with the University of Westminster.
Booking a place will also give you access to the recording as each session will be recorded and available for you to listen to afterwards if you are unable to attend the live session.