The ITI Awards showcase strong knowledge and skills, best practice, business know-how and excellent client relationships, as well as new ways of doing things, and significant contributions to the profession.
For award categories where applications are invited, the competition opens in the winter of each year. All awards are then presented the following summer.
ITI Awards 2020
In 2020 we had to go online but that didn't stop us celebrating the achievements of our winners. at the ITI Awards summer party on 4 September. ITI members can watch a recording of the event.
Our list of winners is also available here:
a) Assessment awards
- John Hayes Prize for Excellence in Translation
- Interpreting Assessment Award
Awards are presented each year to the candidates who have achieved the highest score in the assessment for ITI Qualified Member status.
b) Awards for which ITI invites applications
Candidates may enter for themselves or be nominated by a colleague, peer or teacher.
Entering is a useful way to reflect on what you have achieved and learnt, benchmark your work against others, and obtain CPD points for completing an award entry.
It is also very motivational to be nominated by someone else, whether a peer or employer. For winners, it is an opportunity to gain independent verification of their skills and commitment, gain a new USP, and be able to use the ITI Award winner’s logo on publicity material.
ITI invites entries for awards in the following categories:
- Academic research (open to members and non-members)
- Best newcomer – freelancing (members)
- Best newcomer – employee of a Corporate member
- Best performance on a translation assignment (members or assignments undertaken for Corporate members)
- Best performance on an interpreting assignment (members or assignments undertaken for Corporate members)
- Mentor of the year (members)
- Regional Groups and Networks – best event or initiative
John Sykes Prize for Excellence
This award is presented for outstanding achievement in translation or interpreting over a long period.
The winner is selected by the current and recent Chairs of the Institute.